Sunday, August 11, 2019

Mount Kilimanjaro Bound

I will be making a trip to trek Mount Kilimanjaro and will use the trip to raise funds for the SongShine Foundation. Note: All of my trek and travel expenses have been paid by me personally.

Why?

To honor the memory of 40 years of hiking and mountaineering with my husband, Roy, who passed away on August 29, 2018. Roy and I were avid mountaineers, hiking thousands of miles together and summiting many peaks over 14,000 feet, including Whitney (14,505’) and Elbert (14,439'), the two highest in the continental U.S. When we talked about Kilimanjaro before his death he said: “Go for it! And take me with you!”

September 16-26, 2019 I will be trekking Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa in memory of Roy and to honor all the “SongShiners” living with Parkinson’s, stroke or other neurological disorders. I am asking you to pledge whatever amount you can for each 1,000 vertical feet I ascend. The funds will go to help with projects and much needed staff. Flat donations may also be made using the PayPal button on the SongShine website.

P.S. Roy is going with me--I will sprinkle a few of his ashes at the summit.

Ruthanna Metzgar, Creator and Founder of SongShine



No comments:

Post a Comment